So I have traditionally been what some might call a shop-a-holic. Shopping and finding good deals on items that make me and my loved ones happy brings me joy. Black Friday has been the epitome of that emotional experience. Every year I’ve had a tradition, especially as Black Friday has slipped towards Black Thursday, to go out, usually with at least one friend, after Thanksgiving dinner, frequently in pajamas, to have fun, go to stores, pick up items, explore, and people-watch.
But, the COVID-19 pandemic has no fear of ruining and/or eliminating traditions, and as such, I haven’t left my house or seen my friends. NOT THAT I’M BITTER.
Instead, I am laying around at home, eating leftovers and pie, going on websites, scouring for deals unsuccessfully (Black Friday deals have also been getting worse every year), picking up a few things here and there.
I wanted a PS4 (none were on sale), the Ring Fit Adventure game for the Nintendo Switch (also not on sale), and a new laptop (none that I wanted within my price range), but I’m NOT AT ALL BITTER at my lack of success.
I’ve gotten some things, but there isn’t the same joy or satisfaction.
Anyway – behold my Black Friday Haul:
- A lavaliere aka lapel microphone which will work with my android phone since TikTok is my new obsession.
- $6.60 off for a new price of $13.39: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08CN7C92W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_00EWFb6YG760P
- Wintery solstice-patterned face masks (etsy shop: AliceAndWillow)
- Masks 10-30% off, many of which for $7.35 each: https://www.etsy.com/shop/AliceAndWillow
- Prescription lens replacements for my 3 favorite eyeglasses frames because I enjoy choosing my eyeball crutches to match my outfits and am very picky about my frame styles (LensesRx.com)
- Up to 45% off with the code “BLACKFRIDAY”: https://lensesrx.com/293-eyeglass-lens-replacement-service/
- That dresser-cabinet I mentioned in my last post (amazon.com)
- It wasn’t explicitly a Black Friday deal, but the price kept going down and they were low on stock so I swooped it up at the price of $165.98. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08KTX7B6W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_MREWFbCYZVMFZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
- This attempt to organize my spices in a fashionable & convenient way, aka a tiered lazy susan (amazon.com)
- $6 off for a new price of $23.99: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B089Q5KXHD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_ETEWFb07JPEN8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
- These fantastic midi skater skirts that I am very excited about because they come in plus-sizes and a gazillion colors, even if they don’t have pockets (amazon.com)
- $2 off for a new price of $14.99 for some options: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B019IZ47HO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_zXEWFb0CJ6C0V?psc=1
- Thursday purchase: Boots and Cardigans (kohls.com).
- I get these cardigans every year in more colors. They are so soft and warm and look nice and they don’t really pill. $9.99 each year on Black Thursday. https://m.kohls.com/product/prd-3747261/croft-barrow-ines-womens-ankle-boots.jsp?skuId=64097567&om_mid=Order_Confirmation_Responsive&om_etid=9c93b16e53e24040c770bb0d26d489b35da9d618051a70a2c71df6433fad5e5c
- I’ve never tried these boots, but the reviews are good, and they’re hella cute, so I got them for $19.99 yesterday. https://m.kohls.com/product/prd-4547524/womens-croft-barrow-essential-button-front-cardigan.jsp?prdPV=1&diestoreid=1374&selectShip=true
How are your holidays in pandemic land going so far? Did you find any exciting deals?